Finding Your Path or What do I want to be when I grow up!
Most people have absolutely no idea where they are going with their life. When I was growing up I didn’t have a clue what I wanted to be. I knew what my parents wanted, but what did I want?
The high school I attended in Ohio and here in Arizona didn’t include career counseling, the students were basically left on their own.
So here is a list of what I feel you need to do no matter where you are in your life.
1. Look at all the job postings and see what is out there.
2. Research what it takes to do any job that interests you. What training or education is involved,
3. Is there a mentor-ship program? If there is, write a letter to the company outlining your strong points and ask to be involved in the program.
4. Create a strong 1 to 2 page resume. Bullet point your knowledge, education, skills and any experience you have that applies to that position. YES your resume should be constructed to fit the job for which you are applying.
5. Create a GREAT cover letter introducing yourself, your qualifications for the job and why you are the right choice.
6. DON’T GIVE UP
“I’d be happy to follow my passion…if only I knew what it was.”
http://stores.ebay.com/Dragon-Alley-Journals Link to see my Leather Journals!!